Did we all recover from last night? Good. I'd hate to see us O.D from all that hockey.
Last night we had our first PKLC Biased Game of The Night as the Avs played the Hawks. As you saw, we had Stephen recap the game, good job by him, all that homerism was great. (and cause I forgot all about it till mid way through the first, bad editor)
Tonight, we're going mix things up a little bit. We'll have our much anticipated 'PKLC Game We Know NOTHING About.' Captials vs.ThrashHawks. Now I know, we're getting Ovechkin shoved down our throats, and we know all about the Captials. But what do we know about the Thrashers? (besides half of the Hawks now living in Hotlanta) EXACTLY! We know NOTHING. (neither do the Thrashers coaching staff. Byfuglien on D..what the hell?!) Plus I can count on one hand the amout of Southeast Division hockey I watched last season (one, for those of you keeping score at home, I think it was Panthers/Lightning)
On to the nights other games....(sorry for the lack of pics or vid, crunched for time)
San Jose vs. Columbus 3:00 EST from Stockholm Sweden
- By the time this post is up, the game will be on. The Sharks took the season series 3-1 last year. Antti Niemi is out to prove he can guide another team to the promised land, and Steve Mason is looking to rebound from his nosedive last season. Joe Thorton gets to show off his new C, looks good on yah Joe.
New Jersey vs. Dallas 7:00 pm from Dallas
- Ilya Kovalchuk gets a full season with the Devs. Marty Broudeur gets another year older. Dallas..uh..we get to see their defense explode in real time. Without Turco, they might win a game or two more than last season. Season series was tied at one last year. This is literally all I can come up with off the top of my head.
Anaheim vs. Detroit 7:30 pm from Detroit
- There's nothing nice I can say about Detroit, so we'll talk about the Ducks. Selanne is back, so is Getzlaf, Perry and Bobby Ryan finally has a contract. 18 yr old Cam Fowler makes his defensive debut for the quackers. Season series was tied at two.
Buffalo vs. Ottawa 7:30 pm from Ottawa
- Buffalo only scored 11 goals vs the Sens last year. It goes without saying their asses got handed to them in the season series. How did they win the Division? oh right, Ryan Miller. Derek Roy was hot in the pre season with 10 points, Jason Spezza is a game time decision.
Washington vs. Atlanta 7:30 pm from Atlanta
- Washington took all 6 from Atlanta last season. Whopped them pretty good 8-1 on Jan 9th. As noted above, this will be tonights PKLC Game We Know NOTHING About. So look for a lot of blank spaces as we type OVECHKIN in our best Joe Beninati impressions.